Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mission today: Double the share

Over confidence: Writing a reco to double your brand's market share in one afternoon

Stupidity: Asking your subordinate to write it

Naivete: Thinking that it will actually work

Waste of time: Polishing the reco at home in the night just to make it look good


And of the 3 comments that I got from her highness - one was can you put some tables in this reco and other was can you use Times New Roman font. Oh come on... she isnt paid 3 times my salary just for nothing.... Billy had probably lost his brains long back when he made "Calibri" the default font in Office 2oo7 as opposed to the antique TNR. Any guesses whose gonna come out winner between Google and MS? Sorry Billy .... all your singing binging is not gonna make any difference - if only you would have stick to TNR.

So where am I now... interestingly I am riding the crest of my sinusoidal mood curve - which normally spends more time below the line than above. Reason of the upswing - I too don't know - may be the knowledge of the fact that what can I actually do - how can I actually my job meaningful. This reco might be crap of the century.... but only for tonight. In a week or two may be I can arm myself with indepth knowledge and spend some time thinking of what can be the breakthrough - that can actually make it happen...

Ooh la la... suddenly the tone sounds a bit serious. Wasnt intentional... but then this is my new experiment at writing... and if my internet fame sometime in future starts rivalling that of Scott Adams's... then may be this can become the new popular writing style :)

Thats another thing I day dream a lot when I am at the crest :)

So back to adding tables and Times new roman.

No comments:

Post a Comment